Monday, October 5, 2009

hotstuff with a hatpin: thom yorke's new band at the echoplex


Here are videos from Thom Yorke & Flea's new band's secret, rehearsal show at the Echoplex on Oct. 2. I was wondering what they would play, the band having been formed very recently. Apparently, they are playing songs from The Eraser mainly. The first video I watched had some pretty funky, rather Joy Division-esque dancing. I haven't watched all of these, since I am currently listening to Marquee Moon, and was busying myself with NPR Exclusive First Listens earlier today (I like this one by Noah and the Whale which you can listen to til tomorrow, tho I don't approve of their band name). Oh, I was also listening to the AV Club's playlist of 42 10+ minute "pop" songs worth my time.

Also, I haven't watched any of these, but here are some videos from the bigger show last night at the Orpheum:

No comments: