Saturday, October 3, 2009

hotstuff with a hatpin link of the day

Hello! I'm going to try to post one thing I like to this blog everyday. Let's see how many days that lasts for! I'm betting on less than 5. Yeah, so this feature will be called the "hotstuff with a hatpin" link of the day. Here is why. First, I like naming things. If I ever have children, you can be sure that at least one motivation was to be able to give them cool names. I was leaning toward "Bazooka", but that name was stolen by Children of Men. Children of Men was a good movie, but I don't want my children to be named after a stupid joke in it.

Anyways, yeah, so second reason this is called the "hotstuff with a hatpin" link of the day. Kyle is trying to start a blog, and we were trying to come up with a name for it from random Beatles or Radiohead or Pink Floyd songs. I've suggested Down to the Bits (response: "That's pretty good."), Kicking Edgar Allan Poe ("Maybe if the blog were about Edgar Allan Poe."), Charade You Are ("Kind of insulting to the reader, no?"), Misguided and a Little Naive (haven't suggested this one yet, but I know what the response will be: "Too long"), Hypocrite Opportunist, Pointless Snide Remarks, Laugh Until My Head Comes Off, Howling Down the Chimney, ... okay, I'll stop listing now. I don't know why it has to be a song lyric. I think cuz he likes my "Bread and Butter for a Smile" which I spent zero time coming up with. Anyways, he's probably going to go with "Mojo Filter", the only issue with this one being that Mojo is the abbreviation Mother Jones uses.

Yeah, so, obviously, I figured I'd give my new, probably ephemeral blog feature a cool, hip name, so we get ... Hotstuff with a Hatpin! Yay! Also, I prefer hotstuff to be one word, rather than two. I cannot explain this. Okay, you really needed all that explanation of the name of this stupid feature. So, at long last, here's your Hotstuff with a Hatpin link for today:


Video: "You are being shagged by a rare parrot".

PS There are more links in the sidebar under "stuff i red" (these links are grabbed from my Google Reader feed).

No comments: