Monday, June 22, 2009

way to breathe, no-breath


"Small Talk", by Shane Vorhaben

On my run today, I started thinking about how I was breathing. This is a common mistake I make cuz, no matter what, breathing then feels wrong. I'm wondering if an analogy can be made to to thinking about my life and choices. Do I really like the things I say I like? Do I really want to do the things I say I want to do? Or do I just think I should like/want to do these things? Or, even worse, do I just think that someone else wants me to like/want these things? What is the disconnect between saying and thinking and doing? Maybe if I just don't think about anything, everything will turn out okay. Then again, maybe life decisions are something one should think about, unlike breathing. In any case, I am marginally certain that I am feeling uncertain and out-of-step with life in general. There's my deep thought for the day.

No comments: