Sunday, April 20, 2008

All Songs Considered: Variety > Dorkusness

I like to listen to the "All Songs Considered" podcast. For a radio DJ, that Bob Boilen sounds like a super-duper dorkus dorkus allyorkus (as a computer scientist and member of the dorkus dorkus allyorkus species, I am fairly confident that I can reliably identify other dorkus dorkus allyorkuses, via the "takes one to know one" axiom). But, I guess it is NPR. At least he is no Terry Gross ("I hope they kill that iron yuppie. Thinks he's so big." (p.s. not really (p.p.s. duh) )). From looking at his biography, it appears that his issue is that he's an oldie oldson.

Anyway, back to my point. I like to listen to the "All Songs Considered" podcast, cuz I like variety. Here is what I am listening to today:

Sneak Preview: Death Cab for Cutie, Portishead, Shearwater, My Morning Jacket, More

collage 300

All Songs Considered, April 10, 2008 - Hear a sneak preview of CDs due out this Spring, including new music from My Morning Jacket, Shearwater, Elbow, Wolf Parade and more. All Songs Considered host Bob Boilen talks with Stephen Thompson, curator for NPR's Song of the Day, KEXP DJ Cheryl Waters and Mark Wheat, host for The Current about the releases they're most looking forward to in the coming weeks.


I always skip the talk and listen to the songs a la carte. The Portishead song sounds pertty, at least on first listen.

The Raconteurs, Man Man, Colin Meloy, More

collage 300

All Songs Considered, April 3, 2008 - Devotchka, the band behind the popular soundtrack to Little Miss Sunshine, is back with a brilliant new album. Hear a cut from A Mad and Faithful Telling. We've also got music from Colin Meloy, frontman for the Decemberists, and his new CD of live, solo performances; music from the wildly unpredictable Man Man; new work from The Raconteurs, featuring Jack White and Brendon Benson; and Peter Fedofsky, one of more than 2,000 artists who wrote and recorded an album in one month as part of the RPM Challenge.

I like the DeVotchka song. Ballad of Butter Beans is silly.

No comments: