Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hey! There is lots of cool stuff on the web!

The Battle” from Nerduo, via The Daily What

Hey! There is lots of cool stuff on the web! I've been looking at it today! And yesterday! And some other days! It is a good time to be a web reader. (Web reader reminds me of "web slinger" aka Spiderman but I can't think of how to make a clever joke out of the similarity. Perhaps I just did but I letting you in on my lack of cleverness? Hmm, perhaps not.) Anyways, everyone in like the media (journalism, television, ...) is going crazy about how much cool stuff there is on the web, and that it is pretty much all for free, and how now all the media institutions are losing money. The New York Review of Books has a good article about this, "The News About the Internet". I realize that the current status quo is completely unsustainable, but it is nice all the same. I hope that whatever solution comes out of all this keeps the affordable, (sometimes) world-view-enlightening information coming. Also, I wish that the guy going on all the talk shows advocating the information-wants-to-be-free position wasn't such a plagiarizing, snobby ass hat. (By the way, my greatest and only Flickr honor was having a photo invited to the group "Ass-hat".).

Here are some sites that regularly post cool stuff to look at. None of them are terribly outre, but lists are funs. I like lists. Also, this list is now either relevant or uncool, as the AV club posted their "Favorite time-wasting websites" today. But I started writing this yesterday!! Man, I hate it when people go into the future and steal my ideas! And it was such an original idea!! Anyways, here's my list, I say in an utterly dejected, soulless manner.
Okay! So I'm tired of making my list now! But now you know what I waste time reading! And you know what they say! You know, knowing is half the battle! That is a good quote with which to end every everything you could think of writing! Same with exclamation points with regard to sentences! Toodle-oo!

P.S. I usually hit the "Note in Reader" button when I likes stuff, so you can see articles I liked in my Google Reader feed, which is on the right somewhere. Or here. Ta ta ta!

No comments: