Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A toothpaste revelation for you, I'm sure

Many, many years ago, those ingenious folks at the toothpaste companies took a short respite from coming up with synonyms for "tooth-cleaning" and revolutionized the toothpaste tube. I'm speaking, of course, about the invention of the cap that can be either screwed or flipped off and on. I always thought I would be a screw-er, as the flip-tops just seemed so messy and inelegant when semi-crustulated toothpaste would get into various crevaces. I resisted becoming a flip-topper at first, out of pride, but now I must come clean and reveal to you that I am indeed a flip-topper, and my toothpaste tube has crusty blue-green goo on the inside and outside and clasping mechanism of the cap. I would like to blame this weakness of mine on the tactile response of my fingers to the little toothpaste-tube-cap nib, whose "flip me" plea is irresistable. Also, I would like you to know, as some means of redeeming my soul, that I do squeeze the tube from the end to the tip.


PS I don't know why the invention of the dual flip-top-screw cap is not on this fairly complete history of the universe. [from bibliodyssey].


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments: