Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ode to a Thanksgiving Weekend


As I am still working on my two-week old, left-over sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving, I declare this post to still be timely. Well, I'm not promising I'm still going to eat the potatoes. They are in my fridge, and they are probably okay, but I am a little scared. I looked at them yesterday and decided that I would instead eat a quesadilla made out of an old, dried out tortilla and cheddar cheese that was beginning to change color. You know how cheddar cheese changes color -- it gets harder and more orange and maybe a little less opaque. Yeah, I probably won't eat those sweet potatoes. With Kyle out of town, there is no one to take me to the hospital if I die of sweet potato poisoning. That would be some way to go, though. So maybe this post is no longer timely.

In any case, above is a collage singing the praises of my Thanksgiving weekend. I took a lot of pictures over the weekend, but cannot share most of them because some unnamed people are worried that the internet will steal their souls if I post them. Just kidding, I understand, I am self-conscious about my picture as well. Notice that there are not any pictures of me, either. Stupid soul-stealing internet.

"Quit jivin' me tur-key!"
Don't flip me MOCA!
Don't forget about me man!
Train of inside jokes that only I understand!
Choo-choo!

No comments: