Thursday, September 10, 2009

part man. part machine. all cop.

I spend a good fraction of my waking hours with my hand attached to my mouse and keyboard, and my eyes glued to my monitor. While I can live without them, my senses and abilities would be rather limited, perhaps akin to if you cut off my arms or gave me a stuffy nose. These peripherals are connected to my computer, which is in turn connected to the Interweb. The internet is connected to you through your own monitor and keyboard and mouse. Where do I end and where does the technology begin? Where does the technology end and where do you begin? Are we cyborgs? Are we cyborg appendages of one large internettular collective? Such deep questions to ponder! Not really! I'm not that lame. The keyboard, mouse, and monitor are all eminently detachable. Way more detachable than like that one lady's machine gun leg in Planet Terror or Darth Vader's suit in Star Wars (you all knew it was Star Wars, but it seemed weird to specify Planet Terror and not Star Wars). So, doy, I am not yet a cyborg. But, wouldn't it be cool if I was? Maybe when we all get chips in our brains so that we can control computers purely with our minds (and, yes, so the Man can track and control our every move), then we will be cyborgs. Ooh, you know what else we should get implanted? I want to have a telephone implanted in my hand, with the microphone in my pinky and the speaker in my thumb, so that I can put my hand up to my head in the universal sign for telephone and actually make calls. That would be funny forever! Here's a diagram:
Update 09/12/09: Someone stole my idea!!!
Lookin' Bad: Bluetooth Ringphone.

No comments: